Directions to Buena Vista and Glen Maury Park
(1) From Staunton, Harrisonburg, and points north take Interstate 81 south.
(2) From Washington DC area take Interstate 66 west to Interstate 81 south
(3) From Chancellorsville, Richmond, and points east take Interstate 64 west to Interstate 81 south
(4) From Covington, Lewisburg, and points west take Interstate 64 east to Interstate 81 south
(5) From Roanoke and points south take Interstate 81 north
(1-5) From Interstate 81 take exit 188A, Route 60 east, toward Buena Vista
In about 2 miles you come to the first traffic light. Continue straight on Rt. 60 east. The Food Lion at this light is a good place to stock up. You may see a sign directing you to turn tight to Glen Maury Park - disregard it. This would take you into the back of the park, not to the event location.
Continue on Rt. 60 across the river into town to the next traffic light, just after the railroad underpass. Turn right at the light on Rt. 501 south.
(6) If you are coming from the Blue Ridge Parkway or the Amherst area on Route 60 west then Route 501 is the first traffic light after you enter town. Turn left on Rt. 501 south,
(1-6) Stay straight on Rt. 501Truck Route to the 4 traffic light, 10th Street, and turn right.
(7) If you are coming from Lynchburg, Bedford, and points southeast on Route 501 north, 10th Street is the first traffic light as you enter town. Turn left.
(1-7) On 10 Street cross the railroad tracks and the river and turn right into Glen Maury Park. The Paxton House is several hundred yards straight ahead of you on a knoll.